Monday, January 7, 2013

Orientation('s), Procedures, and Introductions

First, I apologize for the late post... I worked at my job both Saturday and Sunday, which is unusual during school time. I will try to not let that happen again. :]
          .... Posting late I mean. I will absolutely not be working more than Saturday's from this point forward.


By the way, people like to scare you about working.
I have plenty of friends who worked part time during student teaching. 
They all did very well . 
The key is Time Management and incredibly understanding bosses. 
Don't be afraid, just know your limits! 

ORIENTATION- I had the pleasure to attend two different orientations. The first was through the school district I am student teaching in. That one, at least had new information for me. I also had the pleasure of taking a picture (for my official ID as a student teacher!!!), getting fingerprinted, and, are you ready for this reader..... I had to pee in a cup...

Most. Awkward. Experience. EVER!!!!!!!!


Orientation number two was through my university. I met my supervisor, and caught up with a few friends. Overall, this semester doesn't scare me. I'm ready to take this on!!!!!

Moving on to DAY NUMBER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Wednesday was my very first day in third grade! (Insert high-pitched squeal!) 

My cooperating teacher is amazing. (PSSTTT She likes Harry Potter!!!) She is so welcoming, and I feel like I am going to enjoy working with her and the entire staff! The energy at my assigned school is great! Everyone in the front office have made attempts to actually get to know me and always say hello!

The students in my class are sweet. They are gradually getting to know me and starting to ask questions about myself, my college, and I'm sure my personal life will come up soon. :]
So far I have been asked what college is like, including dorm rooms. I have been asked if I am going to be a strict teacher or a nice one. (To that question I gave the child in question a very serious look and said: It depends on the students. The looks I got from that answer were priceless!)

As far as the schedule and procedures go, I am getting a decent feel for the daily schedule and routines. I have jumped in with two feet. They already know that I am a teacher they have to listen too, and I have given the look to several students. :D However, I hope that they are also realizing that I like to have fun, and don't want to be so serious all the time.

Well, that's all for now. 
I will post again this coming weekend.
Warm and Fuzzies for all! 

:] 




No comments:

Post a Comment