Sunday, January 27, 2013

Early Dismissal

So last week, the unthinkable happened.
My school district, actually allowed for an early dismissal.

Now I'm not sure if you realized this, but the South and snow do not mix well. :-]
It actually turned out to be a good thing, because be the time school normally lets out, freezing rain was  pouring from the skies!!

Early dismissal is an interesting thing, let me tell you. My CT and I had to rearrange the entire day to try and get in the three assessments we had planed for that day. Students were leaving even earlier than the early dismissal. (I'm talking like only being in school for 2 hours... what a waste!!) We had to call parents to make sure they were actually going to pick up their students, per early dismissal information. And all day, students were being called out to go home. The office was a crazy place with all the parents and students coming in and out. My poor CT had to make copies during this time. UGGHHH :]

HOWEVER, we did manage to get through most of the work. We will have a lot of make up work tomorrow, but at least the majority of it was completed. YAY!!!

Other than that, this was pretty easy week.

I would write more, but I'm actually quite tired. lol So I believe I'll just turn in for the night!!


Wish me luck this week! I start teaching!!!!!!!!!!! :]

Oh... and I turn 22 on Thursday! Birthdays and students are always fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment