Saturday, June 1, 2013

Quick Update

Good Morning Everyone!

I just wanted give a quick update on the whole interview and Praxis Test.

Interview:
The interview went REALLY well! The principle called two days later to let me know that she, and the rest of the interview team really enjoyed speaking with me. She asked if I could please not accept anything until we could talk again. By talk again, that means once the hiring freeze, she can call me and (I'm pretty sure she will) offer me a job!

That being said, this is a year round school. So have had to start planning like I really am going to move because if I get this job, I will have to move within the next few weeks. I have already found where I want to live if I accept the job. (The closet is 10X4.... AMAZING!!) I should hear something from them in the next few weeks!

Praxis:
I took a K-12 Teaching Reading for bachelors degree Praxis Test the day before graduation. I took it just to get an additional certification on my license and because I really do love reading. (I do eventually want to get my masters in Teaching Reading!) Well my lovely home state only requires me to receive a 159 to pass. I just found out I received a 180!!!!! WOOOHOOO!!


Overall, it has been an exciting few weeks around graduation. What with the interview, and the test, and I've been subbing at my student teaching school which has been pretty fun! And the only thing that could make it better would be to get a call on Monday saying that I've got the job! Keep your fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment